The Halifax Independent Filmmakers Festival (HIFF) is accepting Short Film Submissions from Atlantic Canadian filmmakers until Monday, April 3rd. Entries will be accepted by online screener only through FilmFreeway. There are no fees for Atlantic Canadian submissions.
Short films for HIFF 2017 will be selected by peer-jury of local filmmakers.
- HIFF accepts short film submissions of all genres up to 25 minutes in length from Atlantic Canadian based filmmakers. We DO NOT accept feature film submissions.
- HIFF only accepts online screeners. We DO NOT accept DVD submissions.
- All submissions must have been completed after Jan. 1st, 2016.
- Non-English language films must be presented in English-subtitled versions.
- Works in Progress are eligible for submission, (however films must be completed by print traffic deadline). Please be aware programmers only view the first version of a submitted film and will not accept a revised cut version of the film later in the submission process.
- Submission is free.
- HIFF shorts are selected by a peer-jury of filmmakers.
- Successful applicants will be notified by May 3rd 2017 via email.
- Due to time constraints our programming team will not be able to respond individually to filmmakers if your film is not accepted.
- Decisions made by the HIFF programming team are final.
- If your film is selected you must send the following to the Festival by May 15th 2017:
- Minimum two high-resolution film stills
- One high-resolution Director’s headshot photo
- Brief synopsis of the film
- Exhibition copy of the film in high-resolution Quicktime format
- Online link to film trailer (if available)
- Filmmakers will be paid a screening fee based on rates set by the Independent Media Arts Alliance (www.imaa.ca)
- One representative from each film selected to screen will be provided with a pass to all festival events.
4. Your submission of this entry form confirms that:
- You have the legal right to represent and submit this film for consideration to HIFF.
- The Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, or royalty infringements related to the work.
- You agree to allow the festival the use of your film and its publicity materials for promotional purposes.
Send any submisson questions to: email@example.com