Deadline: July 10th 5pm 2017
Start Date: Aug. 1st 2017
Contract: 35 hrs / week for 12 months (with the possibility of renewal)
Rate of Pay: $17.28/hr
AFCOOP is looking to hire a full-time Technical Coordinator for a yearlong contract commencing in August of 2017 and terminating at the end of July of 2018 (with the possibility of renewal). This position is designed to provide support for AFCOOP’s equipment and facilities rental department during a time of increased programmatic activities. The successful applicant will work under the supervision of AFCOOP’s Production Coordinator who has held the role of Technical Coordinator for the past 5 years. Renewal of this contract beyond July 2018 is contingent on AFCOOP receiving an increase in our operating funds.
Suitable applicants will have:
- A passion for filmmaking;
- Experience with filmmaking production equipment, (HD cameras, camera support, lighting and sound recording equipment);
- Experience or basic familiarity with analog filmmaking technologies (Super 8, 16mm, etc);
- Experience with digital editing software (specifically Adobe Premiere Pro);
- Willingness to aid others in learning and mastering the tools of cinematic production;
- Excellent research capabilities and the capacity to be self-directed both in achieving tasks and finding solutions to problems;
- A genuine enthusiasm in analog filmmaking technologies, ie: Super 8, 16mm and 35mm film, film projectors, hand editing with Steenbeck flatbed editing tables, methods of transferring film-captured imagery to a digital platform and;
- A desire to learn and grow as an artist and technician.
The Technical Coordinator role will involve the following activities: customer service, research, equipment repair management, inventory supplies ordering, committee facilitation, preparation of grants, working with community driven projects, supporting the equipment-related training needs of filmmakers, working with filmmakers to design equipment packages, technical advice and trouble shooting, and assistance with presentation activities.
As a full-time staff person the successful candidate would be eligible for AFCOOP’s in-kind staff equipment access policy, 4 weeks of vacation, professional development opportunities and health benefits.
Please send a resume and cover letter as a PDF labeled with your first and last name by email to AFCOOP’s Executive Director Martha Cooley (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line: “Technical Coordinator Position” by July 10th, 5pm 2017.
AFCOOP is committed to providing equal employment opportunities within our organization to the four designated groups (as defined by the Canadian Human Rights Commission): women; Aboriginal peoples; persons with disabilities; and members of visible minorities.