45 Hour Holiday Film Challenge
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, December 3rd at 5pm
Event Date: Friday, December 6th – Sunday, December 8th
Cost: $25 members / $45 non-members
AFCOOP is bringing our 45th anniversary year to a close with a 45 Hour Holiday Film Challenge! Participants will be tasked with writing, shooting, editing and submitting a 2 – 5 minute short film in the span of only 45 hours between Friday, December 6th at 8pm to Sunday, December 8th at 5pm. Registration is open now until Tuesday, December 3rd. Participants can register as an individual or work with a team.
Registration includes the use of up to $400 in-kind rental services (valued at commercial rates) for the Challenge. Once you register we recommend booking equipment with AFCOOP’s Technical Coordinator as soon as possible since equipment is limited and will be reserved for whoever books it first (including non-Challenge related bookings).
Participants will receive instructions for the Challenge via email at exactly 8pm on Dec. 6th. The films will have to incorporate a specific theme and prop.
Participants will then have until 5pm on Dec. 8th to complete the production of a 2 – 5 minute short film and submit a digital copy to AFCOOP via email link.
The films will be screened at our AFCOOP Holiday Party on December 12th where they will be put to an audience vote to determine the winner!
- Films must be completed and submitted between 8pm December 6th and 5pm December 8th.
- Registrants can participate as an individual or work with a team. Only 1 person registers regardless and only 1 prize will be awarded to the winning individual or team.
- Each registrant is allotted $400 in-kind rental services valued at commercial rates. It is up to the participants to reserve their equipment with AFCOOP’s Technical Coordinator.
- Films can be shot on any format filmmakers have access to (cell phone, Super-8, DSLR etc.).
- Films must be delivered digitally (unless you are planning to finish on celluloid, then please inform us so a staff member can receive it at AFCOOP) either as a file or as a link to a Vimeo page.
- Participants are responsible for their own safety and of others involved at the locations they film at.
- Any submissions with graphic depictions of violence or content considered offensive will not be accepted.
- Don’t overwork yourself, have fun with it!