Select Alumni Accomplishments
Recent FILM 5 Film Achievements:
- Bound (2015) won Best Short Film at the Screen Nova Scotia Awards.
- The Hold Up (2014) won the Shart Select Award at the Shärt International Comedy Film Festival, Best Ensemble Cast at the Austin Comedy Short Film Festival, and Best Humour Film at San Diego Comic-Con.
- I Am Syd Stone (2014) won Best Canadian Short Film at Silver Wave Film Festival 2014 and was picked up for distribution by UK distributor Peccadillo Picture’s Series “Boys on Film.”
- The lead actress from Two Penny Road Kill (2013) Shelley Thompson won Outstanding Female Performance in a Short Film at the 2013 ACTRA Awards. Two Penny Road Kill won Best Short Film at Silverwave Film Festival 2013.
- Torturous (2012) won “Best North American Short Film” at the 2013 Nevermore Film Festival in North Carolina and “Best Horror-Comedy Short Film” at Buried Alive! In Atlanta.
- Lucky (2012) won “Audience Choice Award” at the 2012 Atlantic Film Festival.
- Rhonda’s Party (2010) won 2 awards at the National Screen Institute’s Short Film Festival: the A&E Short Filmmakers Award and the Shaw Media Fearless Female Director Award and the CBC Short Film FaceOff.
- FILM 5 production The Wake of Calum MacLeod was nominated for the 2008 Genie Award in Best Live Action Short Film.
Recent Alumni Achievements:
- Ashley McKenzie and Nelson MacDonald’s short, 4 Quarters, premiered at TIFF 2015 and they are currently in production on their first feature Train Whistle Does Not Blow through Telefilm’s Microbudget Feature Program.
- Bretten Hannam directed his first feature film North Mountain through the Telefilm Microbudget Feature program. “North Mountain” premiered at the Atlantic Film Festival 2015.
- Brittany Amos produced Your Money or Your Wife, through the First Feature program. Your Money or Your Wife premiered at the Atlatnic Film Festival in 2015.
- Chris Turner and Jesse Harley shot their first feature film Lure (2014) made through Film & Creative Industries’ First Feature program. Their film premiered at the 34th Atlantic Film Festival in 2014.
- Greg Jackson and Rebecca Sharratt produced their first feature film Bunker 6 (2013) which was also produced through the First Feature program.
- Andrew Bush directed his first feature, Roller Town (2012).
- Marc Almon produced his first feature, Blackbird (2012) which won Best First Canadian Feature Film at TIFF and Best Atlantic Feature, Best Screenplay and Best Direction at the Atlantic Film Festival.
- Jason Eisener directed the grindhouse hit Hobo with a Shotgun written by FILM 5 alumni John Davies.
- Shandi Mitchel directed her first feature The Disappeared (2012).
- Thom Fitzgerald is one of Canada’s most prolific feature filmmakers. His films have screened in Canada and abroad and include, The Hanging Garden, Wild Dogs, The Event and Three Needles.
- After completing FILM 5, Director Andrea Dorfman went on to complete two feature films, Parsley Days and Love that Boy as well as a number of documentaries and television episodes.
Black Guitar - Devin Casario (Writer/Director), Todd Fraser (Producer)
Charlie’s P.O.C. - Kevin Hartford (Writer/Director), Thom Payne (Producer)
Tipping Point- Stephanie Young (Writer/Director), Jake Ivany (Producer)
Nightcall - Nicole Holland (Writer/Director), Jessica Smallwood (Producer)
Bound - Daniel Boos (Writer/Director), Lynn Matheson (Producer)
Paper Thin - Jeff Parker (Writer/Director), Dominic Fegan (Producer)
Sleeping Beauty- Sarah Gignac (Writer/Director), Andrea Levesque (Producer)
Una Forma de Partier: A Way To Go - Joshua Young (Writer/Director), Charles McLearn (Producer)
The Hold Up - Struan Sutherland (Writer/Director), Andre Pettigrew (Producer)
Hero D - Dave Mullins (Writer/Director), Sahar Yousefi (Producer)
I Am Syd Stone - Denis Theriault (Writer/Director), Colin Davis (Producer)
Playing House - Nicole Steeves (Writer/Director), Jenna Murphy (Producer)
EDNOS – Stephanie Clattenburg (Writer/Director), Naomi-Joy Blackhall Butler (Writer/Producer)
Green - Heather Young (Writer/Director), Brittany Amos (Producer)
Nigredo - Kristen Swinkles (Writer/Director), Bretten Hannam (Producer)
Two Penny Road Kill - Lisa Rose Snow (Writer/Director), Lora Campbell (Producer)
Car 210 – Matt MacIsaac (Writer/Director), Mike Hall (Producer)
Irene – Vicki Donkin (Writer/Director), Colin Tanner (Producer)
Lucky - Josh Denaro (Writer/Director), Jenn Millington (Producer)
Torturous – Angus Swantee (Writer/Director), Brent MacRae (Producer)
Deep End – Bretten Hannam (Writer/Director), Rob Evong (Producer)
First Words - Fabien Melanson (Writer/Director), Simon Thibault (Producer)
Sandwich Crazy – Brittany Amos (Writer), Michael Doucette (Director), Evan Elliot (Producer)
Those Forgotten - Alyssa Buchanan (Writer/Director), Evan Jobb (Producer)
Rhonda’s Party – Ashley McKenzie (Director), Christine Comeau (Writer), Nelson MacDonald (Producer)
Dream Girl – Caley MacLennan (Director), Eric Duncan (Producer)
Like Father – Jesse Harley (Writer/Director), Chris Turner (Producer)
Senior Barista – Jason Levangie (Writer/Director), Marc Tetreault (Writer/Producer)
Two Men, Two Cows, Two Guns – Pardis Parker (Writer/Director), Laura MacKenzie (Producer)
DWB - Reed Jones (Writer/Director), Ryan Boon (Writer/Producer)
Super Science – Joel MacKenzie (Writer/Director), Mark Purdy (Writer/Producer)
Daddy’s Little Girl - Luckas Cardona (Writer/Director), Janice Villagomez (Producer)
Pawnshop – Evany Rosen (Writer), Andrew Bush (Director), Angus Swantee (Producer)
Golden Age – Namir Ahmed (Writer/Director), Tom Power (Producer)
Paperhearts – Joey Adrian MacNeil (Writer/Director), Herb D’Entremont (Producer)
Ugly Girl – Sarah Byrne (Writer/Director) Rebecca Sharratt (Producer)
Moving Day – John Davies (Writer, Director) , Jason Eisener (Producer)
You Can’t Do That on Film Anymore – Greg Jackson (Writer, Director), Jessica Brown (Producer)
Falling Inside – Rosemary Hanson (Writer, Director), Heather Wilkinson (Producer)
A Change in Tempo – Ron McDougall (Writer/Director), Todd Jackson (Producer)
The Wake of Calum MacLeod – Marc Almon (Writer/Director), Nona McDermid (Producer)
Crossing Over – Cam Erais (Writer/Director), Nick Murphy (Writer/Producer)
The Pulp $5 - Rob Calnen (Writer/Director) Craig Layton (Producer)
Nimby – Grace Junkie (Writer) ,Evan Brown (Director), Edwin Pavey (Producer)
The Changing Room – Kyle Cameron (Writer/Director), Jeff Wheaton (Producer)
Kona – Siddhartha Fraser (Writer/Director), Kevin Fraser (Producer)
Mine - Joanne Kerrigan (Writer/Director), Bruce McKenna (Producer)
The War Poet – Paul McNeill (Writer/Director), John Feron (Producer)
Reality – Michael Sanderson (Director), Marrianne Lecocq (Producer)
Masquerade - Patrick Blackie (Writer, Director), Sean Beckwith (Producer)
Planely Dreaming – Becky Parsons (Writer, Director), Selena Landon (Producer)
The Crawlers – Jennifer Tilley (Writer, Producer), Steven Kriszan (Director)
Lighter Game – Chris Fost (Writer/Director), Sean Doyle (Producer)
Shredded – Ruby Boutilier (Writer/Director), Craig Moore (Producer/Writer)
Red Glove – Ameesha Joshi ( Director), Robert Blackie (Producer)
Trombone Trouble – Deanne Foley (Writer/Director), Bronwen Kyffin (Producer)
Zoe’s Waltz – Jennifer Zimmer (Writer/Director), Natasha Ryan (Producer)
A Fair Tale of Two Grudgelings – Jason Goodyear (Writer/Director), Will Fraser (Producer)
Wound Up – Andrea Dorfman (Director), Margaret Harrison (Producer)
Ethan’s Walk – John Hillis (Writer/Director), Sean Kelly (Producer)
Helen’s Inheritance – Lee-Ann Gillan (Writer/Director/Producer), Marcia Connolly (Writer, Director)
Terminal Lunch - Scott Simpson (Director), Craig Cameron (Producer), Evangelo Kioussis (Producer)
For Alice – Allan Munro (Producer/Director), David Middleton (Producer, Writer)
Bird in the House – Michael Greer (Writer/Director), Ron Foley MacDonald (Producer)
Roids – David Middleton (Writer/Director), Evangelo Kioussis (Producer)
Cherries – Thom Fitzgerald (Writer/Director), Shandi Mitchell (Producer)
—- Questions? Call 902.405.4474 Email email@example.com
FILM 5 is presented with the participation of Telefilm Canada.