The FILM 5 Trainee Program is a hands-on training program for aspiring technical crew. Paralleling the Creative Team component the Trainee program provides participants with high quality classroom training, practical on-set instruction and networking opportunities.
To become a Trainee crew member, you must take the required workshops for your desired position, pay the application fee, which includes the mandatory Set Etiquette Course, come to the Trainee/Team Meet and Greet and submit a resume, cover letter and application form.
On the FILM 5 sets, trainees work under key crew-members from the local film industry. Keys are industry professionals responsible for running their department, and for providing guidance and leadership to the trainees. Trainees leave the production having networked with industry crew, with practical experience and resume references.
Each FILM 5 production is required to have a minimum of seven trainees on set. FILM 5 productions take place in April.
Creative Team Producers are responsible for reviewing resumes and hiring trainees. The AFCOOP Supervising Producer oversees this process and tries to ensure that all trainees receive a successful placement.
- Training from industry professionals through workshops
- Hands-on learning experience working on a industry standard film set
- Make connections with industry professionals and local filmmakers
Becoming a FILM 5 Trainee:
- Attend the required workshops for your position
- Attend the Set Etiquette Workshop
- Trainee Meet and Greet – meet and network with FILM 5 teams
- Pay Application Fee of $60.00 (includes Set Etiquette Workshop)
- Submit your Trainee Application Form + resume + cover letter