Associate Membership – $40
- Associate Membership Card
- Workshop and course discounts
- Bi-weekly electronic newsletter
- Discount on Halifax Independent Film Festival tickets
- If you become a Full Member within 12 months after becoming an Associate Member, the upgrade fee is the Full Membership fee minus $40
Limitations of Associate Membership:
- No equipment rental discounts
- No voting privileges
- Complete the Membership Form
- Pay $40 fee (through the on-line link below or in person at the AFCOOP office or mail cheque to AFCOOP P.O. Box 2043, Station M, Halifax, NS, B3J 2Z1)
Expiry: One year from the date of purchase.
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software
- All the benefits of Associate Membership PLUS
- AFCOOP Equipment and facilities rental discounts at ¼ commercial rates
- Member Privilege Account, which includes term invoicing for various film service companies and includes discounts – Additional discounts at select film services companies
- Access to AFCOOP’s Production Insurance program
- Access to AFCOOP’s / ACTRA Fraternal Benefit Society Drug, Health and Dental Care Insurance Program
- Eligible to apply to Open Grant production funding program
- Voting rights and can serve on standing committees
- Equipment and facilities credit for volunteer hours. 1 Hour = $11 credit, (after mandatory 10 volunteer hours per year).
Expiry: One year from the date of become a member.
- Complete 10 volunteer hours
- Attend one General Meeting
- Have a sponsor who is a Full Member in good standing
- Get voted in by membership at a General Meeting.
Renew your AFCOOP Full Membership before April 30th and your name will be entered into a draw to win one of three FREE PASSES to the Halifax Independent Filmmakers Festival (June 6th – 10th 2014)!
How to Renew
AFCOOP is using a NEW online system for easily processing your renewals. To use this system, you can renew online by logging in with your email address and password at https://afcoop.wildapricot.org/
If you don’t already have a password, just put in your email and click the “forgot password” link and the system will help you set up a new one. Click on “View Profile” and then click the renewal button located under “Membership Details.” That’s it!
If you’d prefer to pay via cash/cheque debit please stop by the AFCOOP office to renew in person.
*NEW* Graduating Film School Membership – FREE
Are you graduating from film school this spring? You’re eligible for a FREE AFCOOP Full Membership! Get access to affordable equipment, facilities and workshops and join a community of like-minded filmmakers!
In order to redeem your FREE ACOOP Full Membership you need to:
- present proof of graduating from a film program (NSCAD, NSCC, the Centre for Arts and Technology or similar)
- do 10hrs of volunteer work at AFCOOP
- get voted in at an AFCOOP General Meeting (next meeting is July 17th)
Contact AFCOOP’s Volunteer Coordinator Dawn for more info on how to volunteer at AFCOOP: email@example.com
You have 6 months after graduating to claim your membership.
Production Membership – $180
- Discounts on non-commercial projects as per equipment rental policy
- Discounts on workshops
Expiry: one year from the date of purchase
Requirements: Complete Membership Form – Pay $180 fee (in person at the AFCOOP office or mail cheque to AFCOOP P.O. Box 2043, Station M, Halifax, NS, B3J 2Z1)
(Please contact AFCOOP directly to determine eligibility)
Benefits: All the benefits of Full Membership
- Must have been a Full Member for 10 years or more, not necessarily consecutive
- Must have completed 10 volunteer hours within the year
- Have a sponsor who is a full member in good standing
- Get voted in by membership at the AGM
- Fill out and sign application form and membership agreement
Sponsorship Prospective Full Members are to be sponsored by a full member who knows them and their interest in film. Sponsors act as a mentor to the new member by facilitating their understanding of AFCOOP’s operations, facilities and services. The sponsor must make him/herself available to the new member. It is recommended that they meet at least one time after s/he is voted in.
Membership Agreement This is the form that all new members sign. It communicates the membership policies and ensures that the new member understands how to maintain and upgrade his/her membership. It is where contact information is obtained, so that newsletters and other information can be received. We maintain a database of membership. We ask members to update changes of information by contacting AFCOOP.