“Home Bodies” – A programme of locally sourced VHS tape as part of the Halifax Independent Film Festival (HIFF), April 2013.
Submit your videotapes, and help us curate a programme of VHS ephemera.
We are interested in off-broadcast TV recordings and homemade projects (“home movies”) recorded on VHS. Videotapes used for training and promotion are also welcome. Together, we will see what VHS remembers.
Deadline: MARCH 1st
Read more »
March 22nd, 7pm
Location: Carbon Arc Cinema, Museum of Natural History, 1747 Summer St
Lysanne Thibodeau has lived over 14 years in Germany and this experience has marked her artistic path. The program offers seven films and videos of hybrid genre, combining documentary, fiction and essay – which were made between 1979 and 2003, before, during and after her “Berlin exile”.
The program offers seven works of various genres, combining documentary, fiction and essay. Duration: 104 min
HIFF is pleased to announce the Call for Entries for four screening programs at the 2013 festival:
- Atlantic Narrative Screening: Recent narrative short works from Atlantic Canadian writers, producers, or directors.
- WIFT-AT Atlantic Women In Film Screening: Recent short works from women writers, producers, or directors from Atlantic Canada
- Atlantic Experimental Screening: Recent experimental short works from Atlantic Canadian writers, producers, or directors.
- Music Video Showcase: Recent music videos made by Canadian filmmakers.
The deadline for entries is February 15, 2013. Click here for the Submission Form and for more details.
Read more »
AFCOOP is pleased to host a screening of 8 short films from the 13th Annual imaginNATIVE Film Festival!
imagineNATIVE Short Film Screening
Thursday, Jan. 10th, 7pm
AFCOOP Office 5663 Cornwallis Street
Admission is FREE!
Join AFCOOP members and the Halifax film community for AFCOOP’s Winter General Meeting and Holiday Party! Learn more about what AFCOOP has been up to this season and meet with other independent filmmakers! All welcome.
Anyone looking to become a Full Member of the co-op at this meeting should contact AFCOOP in advance of the meeting: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: the Bus Stop Theatre, 2203 Gottingen St
DEADLINE EXTENDED – Dec. 13th 4pm 2012
Eligibility criteria have changed please see below. Please note that those who have already applied do not need to reapply, your application will be passed to the jury after the new deadline.
- Project must be a fictional or a documentary feature length film
- Applicant must be a student or a recent (2009 onwards) graduate of a production program such as FILM 5, OR have been an active Full Member of AFCOOP in the past three years (2009 onwards) *
*This criteria has changed to include those who have been members of the co-op for longer than 3 years.