AFCOOP, in partnership with ORWO North America, presents Chamber Shorts to celebrate the unique look of the German film stock Original Wolfen. Based on the Kammerspeilfilm Movement, Chamber Shorts is an opportunity to shoot a short silent film, which will be presented at the Halifax Independent Film Festival accompanied by live chamber music. Registration is now open. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot.
As part of the program, participants receive:
- 200 ft of ORWO UN54
- 2 day camera rental (Bolex or Scoopic)
- 2 day rental of a light kit
- 10 hrs of editing on the steenbeck
Chamber Shorts has its conceptual roots in the Kammerspielfilm Movement, specifically the Chamber Drama. Set in a working class milieu, the stories often explore character psychology and domestic drama. We are also drawing on the idea of chamber music, a small ensemble of a limited variety of instruments, as a live accompaniment to the films. While we in no way want to limit filmmakers, we are putting forth this theme as a theoretical framework with the aim of inspiring them.
For examples of ORWO film stock, check out ORWO NA’s channel: http://vimeo.com/channels/432118
- Registration Cut Off and Final film stock pick-up February 15th, 2013 at 5pm
- Exposed film due for shipping March 4th, 2013 at 12pm
- Edited films due April 2nd, 2013 at 5pm
- Meeting with Musicians TBA
- Only 6 participants will be accepted.
- Must have completed basic film training (either through film school, workshops or experience in the film industry) and have knowledge of a Bolex 16mm camera and steenbeck.
- Must be able to commit to and follow through with deadlines.
- Must be open and willing to work collaboratively with musicians.