INFO SESSIONS & PREP COURSES:
To get more information on the program and it’s application process, we encourage you to attend on of our info sessions.
This summer 2020 we are offering four prep courses, these courses are designed to help you have an excellent FILM 5 application.
Monday October 5, 2020 Midnight
In the application guidelines you’ll find information on participant eligibility, participant ineligibility, the FILM 5 program structure, the program timeline and information on how applications are assessed.
The FILM 5 Online Application Form must be completed by midnight on October 5, 2020. In order for your application to be considered you must pay the $30 application fee.
The application will require you to include a link to an example of the director’s previous work and it will ask you to upload the following documents:
1. Script (Max 6 pages): Script development is a major component of the FILM 5 program. Applicants should not apply with a script they consider to be completely finished. Scripts should be suitable in length for a five minute short and should not propose special effects or technical requirements beyond what is generally available.
Celtx is a free screenplay formatting software that is easy to use and will make your script look professional.
2. Letter of Intent (each letter is one page max.) from each Team member: Please explain in your letter what you hope to gain by participating in the program, and how it fits into your overall professional development as a filmmaker. You can also use this space to explain any unclear eligibility criteria or feasibility issues arising from your script that need more explanation.
3. Director’s Treatment (two page max.): This should be used to discuss the Director’s vision, such as plans for cinematography, sound design, art direction, editing, casting, performance etc. It may be helpful to reference other films and/or to discuss your influences as a filmmaker and artist.
4. Budget in Telefilm format (see template link): Use the amended template provided, which separates cash and in kind services. Delete or “hide” lines and categories that do not apply to your project (your budget should not be 30 pages long). It is not necessary to include the deferred rates of crew or other deferrals external to the FILM 5 sponsorships.
5. Filmography and Resume for each Team member: For any films listed include your role, the length, format and any awards or screenings. Even if you don’t have a large amount of direct film experience, highlight jobs with transferable skills.
FILM 5 BUDGET TEMPLATE:
Please use this template to create the budget for your FILM 5 application. You will be using this same template throughout the program.
All applications will be assessed for completeness and eligibility. Incomplete applications or applications that are received after the midnight deadline on September 17 2018 will not be accepted. Applications will be reviewed by a jury made up of FILM 5 alumni and members of the local film community.
Applications will be assessed according to creative potential, project feasibility and participant suitability. For detailed information on the selection process go here.