The FILM 5 TRAINEE PROGRAM is a hands-on training program for aspiring technical crew. Paralleling the Creative Team component the Trainee program provides participants with high quality classroom training, practical on-set instruction and networking opportunities.
BENEFITS OF TRAINEE PROGRAM:
– Training from industry professionals through workshops
– Hands-on learning experience working on a industry standard film set
– Make connections with industry professionals and local filmmaker
HOW TO BECOME A FILM 5 TRAINEE:
1. Attend the workshops required for your desired position.
2. Pay the application fee, which covers the cost of the mandatory Set Etiquette Course.
3. Attend the Set Etiquette Course.
4. Attend the Trainee/Team Meet and Greet to meet the director/producer teams.
5. Submit your application which includes a resume, cover letter and application form.
TRAINEES ON SET:
On the FILM 5 sets, trainees work under key crew-members from the local film industry. Keys are industry professionals responsible for running their department, and for providing guidance and leadership to the trainees. Trainees leave the production having networked with industry crew, with practical experience and resume references.
Each FILM 5 production is required to have a minimum of seven* trainees on set (due to COVID this number has been reduced to five for 2020/21). FILM 5 productions typically take place in April.
DOES EVERY TRAINEE GET TO GO ON SET?
Creative Team Producers are responsible for reviewing resumes and hiring trainees. The AFCOOP Supervising Producer oversees this process and tries to ensure that all trainees receive a successful placement.