Position: Technical Assistant
Deadline: Aug. 18th, 5pm
Start Date: September
Contract: Part-time (with the possibility of full-time in the future)
Rate of Pay: $18/hr + 4% vacation pay
AFCOOP is looking to hire a part-time Technical Assistant for an open-ended contract to help with equipment rentals during our partial COVID rental reopening. The Technical Assistant will be responsible for duties related to AFCOOP’s equipment rental service including: equipment booking, sign-out, return, testing and billing.
The Technical Assistant will be employed three days per week (Wednesday – Friday), 9am – 5pm. There is the possibility that this position could become Full-time in the fall of 2020.
*COVID-19 note: This position is based in the AFCOOP office in downtown Halifax. AFCOOP’s two other staff will be working remotely the majority of the time, however all three staff will overlap for 1 day / week. Mask wearing and proper hand sanitization will be required when interacting with the public.
AFCOOP is looking for someone who has:
- Experience with filmmaking production equipment, (HD cameras, camera support, lighting and sound recording equipment);
- Some experience or basic familiarity with analogue filmmaking technologies (Super 8, 16mm, etc) is desirable but not a necessity;
- Experience with digital editing software (specifically Adobe Premiere Pro);
- A willingness to aid others in learning and mastering the tools of film production;
- Excellent research capabilities and the capacity to be self-directed both in achieving tasks and finding solutions to problems;
- A genuine enthusiasm and interest in learning about analogue filmmaking technologies, ie: Super 8, 16mm and 35mm film, film projectors, hand editing with Steenbeck flatbed editing tables, methods of transferring film-captured imagery to a digital platform
- A desire to learn and grow as a filmmaker and technician.
Please fill out this application form which will include the submission of a resume and cover letter as PDFs by Aug. 18th, 5pm.
AFCOOP is committed to providing equal employment opportunities within our organization to those who come from under-represented communities. There will be an opportunity for self-identification on the application form.
Any questions please contact Executive Director Martha Cooley: email@example.com
Places to look for film/arts related jobs include: